Here are some important tips that you should know concerning backyard gardening;
- If you are new into gardening, look out for the right technical persons to guide you through.
- Make the right selection of putting the vegetable garden
- Purchase and have all the requirements e.g. Grow boxes, potting bags, manure, sand and seeds from certified companies etc.
- Raise a nursery and prepare the soil medium for the grow boxes, sacs or potting bags
- Transplant seedlings into the prepared media
- Endeavor to carry out proper agronomical practices (Mulching, weeding, staking etc.)
- Use integrated pest management so as to raise your plants
- Strong plants are less likely to be attacked by pests. If you take good care of your vegetable garden, the plants will be strong and healthy.
- Engage in making compost manure from your kitchen refuse and garden waste to boost soil quality
- Spread your planting systematically to have a continuous flow of vegetables right from your backyard
Journey with us as we stir you into backyard gardening